Friday, February 4, 2011

food diaries don't lie

It's official - I really am a carb whore.  I have long suspected it..... the late night toast fixes, consuming an entire loaf of ciabatta in one sitting, saltines smeared with port wine flavored cold pack process cheese food....  Even my fruits and veggies of choice are carb-laden: bananas, pineapple, oranges, carrots, corn, potatoes, dates and figs...... I love me some chocolate malt-o-meal (with banana & blueberries mixed in - both high carb) the list goes on and on...

Yeah, I know not all carbs are created equal and you need them as part of a balanced healthy diet, blah blah blah, I just wish I didn't flock to the damn things without even trying.  Probably explains my 10 pound weight gain, and don't even get me started on my cellulite.

An example of the patina that Jane has lovingly added to a
kitchen chair.
I didn't get my run in yesterday so I had to do it today.  Dang, I hate it when life gets in the way of things I want to do!  Today's run went fine, 4 miles around the lake - with Jane of course.  Poor thing hadn't been on a walk for a couple of days and when Jane doesn't get exercise she gets much more interested in the cats, and/or something in the house will soon acquire patina.  Fear of what she'll destroy is usually enough to ensure that she gets her daily walk in - even when it's 20 below.  My junior high self would cringe at what I have assembled as my "cold weather, walking the dog gear" - it sure ain't pretty but I do stay warm!

So back to the food diary - it's humbling to see what I'm eating, and what's missing from my diet.  Can you say veggies?  But Coborn's Delivered yesterday and I now have some better food options from which to choose!  I'm expecting to see a down turn in the fat, the carbs, and the sugars that currently rank so high in my diet. And........ I that I will no longer consume enough sodium to qualify as a salt lick.

Kettlebell/TRX circuit class tonight - can't wait!  I hope she has the sledgehammer out.  It's been one of those weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy, leave a comment!! I'd love to hear from you!!