Monday, February 20, 2012

catching up

I've been a blog slacker again.

Remember when I posted about my job being eliminated?  My last day there was February 3rd.  I took a week off to re-group (and lick my wounds) and started my new job last Monday.  So far so good.  I like the people and the work is interesting.  But it's SO stressful starting a new job, and having to be there 8-5 Monday through Friday is a big change.  I'm used to spending part of most days working at home. On the up side, my new boss does triathlons so we're going to try to hold some of our meetings while running.  I'm excited about that!

The first day of my new job was also the first day of MARATHON TRAINING!!!  Oh, how I love to have a plan!

Here's what was on the plan for last week:

Monday
Easy Run As Follows:
Warm up walking 5-10 min at brisk pace
Easy run of 4 miles at 11:34 min pace
Cool down with brisk walk of 5-10 min
Tuesday
Interval Run as Follows:
Warm up with 2 miles at 11:34 min pace4 x ¼ mile repeats at 8:40-8:50 min pace.  Recover with ¼ mile at 11:34.Finish run with 1 mile cool down at 11:34 min pace. The interval run Kicked.My.Ass.  It was HARD to run that fast but it sure felt good!
Wednesday - Core work and ran one mile
Thursday
Easy Run as Follows
WU w/ brisk walk for 5-10 min
Easy run of 4 miles at 11:34 min pace
Cool down with brisk walk of 5-10 min
Friday - elliptical and ran one mile
Saturday
Long Run as Follows:
WU for 1 mile at 11:34-12:34 pace
Run 5 miles at 11:34 pace
Run last 1 mile at 10:13 min pace. (Goal Marathon Pace!!!) I felt like I could run all day during this one!  Oh, and I ran that last mile in 9:15 and felt fantastic.  Isn't that bizarre????
Cool down with brisk walk for 5-10 minutes
Sunday - walked the dog and ran one mile
Halfway there!  And I still can't color in the lines.

The biggest challenge?  Keeping to that unbearably slow pace. I haven't been able to do it yet.

Goal check-in:
Running at least one mile per day - 46/51 days of success
Moving 30 minutes every day - 51/51 days of success!
Clean eating - I think I'm seeing some improvement there!

In other news: 

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE free stuff?

My sweet new watch! Did I mention I won it?  
Team Ortho, sponsor of many of my favorite races, was doing a week of giveaways on Facebook.  All you had to do was "like" their page and "like" the post stating what the current giveaway is.  They have things like Newtons, watches, jackets, and sometimes even jewelry.  When I see those posts come across I always pounce on 'em like a honeybadger on a house of bees.  Anywhoo, a couple of weeks ago, on a Wednesday, I found out I won a free Soleus watch from Team Ortho and Gear Running Store!!!!  How cool is that?!?!

Then, two days later, I found out that I won a jacket from my running club for being the 10th person to follow their blog.  Can you say "Su-Weet?"?  I haven't picked it up yet, but will do it soon.  I love the internet!

So that's about it for now.  I have more to share but it will have to keep until my next riveting post.  Stay healthy and active, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy, leave a comment!! I'd love to hear from you!!