Friday, November 18, 2011

holiday bootie buster challenge!

In an effort to keep ass expansion to a minimum during this holiday season, I've joined the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge put on by Amanda at Run to the Finish.

It's a known fact that I sometimes have portion control issues when it comes to snarfing the foods I love.  (Remember, I had to ban Oreos from the house because I can't be trusted to not eat an entire package in one sitting.)  Oh, and did I mention that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday?  Stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, pumpkin pie, cheesecake, whipped cream....... I deny myself nothing at Thanksgiving.  Oh my, I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Making sure the turkey is ready to serve.
And as long as we're being all sorts of honest here, let's acknowledge that internal motivation isn't exactly my strong suit.  Remember when I was asked if I'm a cowbell whore?  That's one of the reasons I love races so much - cowbell comes in so many different forms: Crowds cheering!  Medals!  Sometimes, even beer!! So what's the big draw for the HBBC?  Free stuff.  Really COOL free stuff.

Free Stuff = Cowbell.

And all I have to do is maintain some semblance of a workout plan and log it on a spreadsheet.  I can do that.

The HBBC starts tomorrow and runs through the first week in January - the perfect span of time.  I'm optimistic that this challenge will get me through the holiday eating season unscathed and having maintained my current weight.  Success will mean I won't have to add "lose vast amount of poundage" to my marathon training plan when training kicks off in January.  That would be fabu.

I am SO ready for this.  I've been carb loading for weeks in anticipation!!

1 comment:

  1. that's my hope too - let's NOT gain 10 pounds over the holidays while earning FREE STUFF!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, don't be shy, leave a comment!! I'd love to hear from you!!