Saturday, June 25, 2011

virtual pr

I ran my first ever virtual 5k today, and isn't it just my luck that I got a PR??  Adam at theboringrunner.com hosted the race. His blog is definitely worth following.

The weather was awesome, 60's, cloudy, had the slightest bit of rain sprinkling on me as I ran... it just felt really great to be out there today!

I had Garmin Electra on solely for documentation purposes.  I decided I was just going to run at whatever pace felt good and not care if I had 12 minute miles.  Remember folks, I'm still in marathon recovery mode.

Color me surprised when I was done and looked at my results! As far as I know, I've never run a sub-30 5k before.  I had a pretty sweet run - negative splits even!  Not sure where it all came from since I'm usually so frickin' slow, but I'll take it.  Yeah, I realize my "fast" is other runners' horrifyingly slow pace.  I can live with that!

Who'da thunk?
Here are my splits:

Split
Time
Distance
Avg Pace
Summary00:29:163.1009:26
100:09:431.0009:43
200:09:331.0009:33
300:09:071.0009:07
400:00:520.1008:33


Anywhoo, it was a fun way to do a run.  Virtual cowbell, virtual spectators, I even raised my arms in victory and cheered as I crossed the virtual finish line.  I guess that makes me an actual dork in a virtual race, or maybe just a runner prone to hallucinations.

Whichever, I can live with that, too!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!! A PR while in marathon recovery mode? That is too cool. If you ran it, I say count it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some serious negative splits you got goin' on there. WOW. Nice job, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you were faster with each mile! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, don't be shy, leave a comment!! I'd love to hear from you!!