Sunday, January 15, 2012

busted

I knew this was coming.  You'd think I would have prepared a little, but no.

This afternoon, I had a chat with TenacityChris (AKA the fabulous Coach Honeybadger) about my marathon training plan for Grandma's. We talked about what I've been doing the last few months (working and walking mostly, with a smattering of running thrown in), how my training has been going (Training?  I was supposed to be training??), and about the status of my various injuries (all good!!).

She also wanted to know what I've been doing as far as strength training and working on my core.  Uhhhhh, some planks, and some push-ups......(said with an upward inflection? So it sounded like a question?)

PROOF that I have been keeping up with my 30 minutes
per day challenge.  And proof that I'm not good at coloring
within the lines.
BUT, I want some credit for my recent goals..... I have been meeting the goal of moving my chubby butt for at least 30 minutes every day.  And I have been meeting the goal of running at least one mile per day.  I've managed to meet those goals consistently for the last 15 days! That's practically a lifetime in my world.

Anywhoo, I'm SOOOO excited to be getting my marathon training underway!!  The new job may pose a bit of a challenge with the mid-week longish runs, but we'll figure out how to make it work.  My biggest challenge? Staying injury free. If I have to invest in vast quantities of kinesio tape and spackle to hold things together between now and June 16th, 2012, so be it.  I'm gonna be ready.

Game on, Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy, leave a comment!! I'd love to hear from you!!