Sunday, January 16, 2011

an epiphany of sorts

Kettlebells!
Things are looking better with the knee!  I ran 3.2 miles on the treadmill (not including warm-up and cool-down) and held a 9:22 pace.  For me, that's speedy.  And best of all, it doesn't seem to be bugging the knee, I felt like I could keep going on it and it felt good to finally work up a sweat while running.  I've been taking it easy for so long I kinda forgot what it felt like to work hard.

More Oreo angst: went to Costco yesterday and they have a ginormous 10 sleeve box of Oreos.  WTF! I am constantly being tested.

NOT me.  I can't quite do this one yet.
Other than that, I look just like this chick.
So I went to another beginner kettlebell class yesterday.  This was after enduring a killer KB workout on Friday night.  The class on Friday kicked my ass as expected.  I have bruises on both forearms due to my inability to control the kettlebells.  I am so WEAK!!  I was kinda proud of myself for showing up for more abuse. As we were working, my trainer was asking me about my pace.....all I could say was, "It's slow."  Cuz it is, and I am.  But as we were talking I also came to the realization that I've never really pushed myself; I've always approached running as something I want to enjoy rather than seeing what I can do.  And now I want to see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy, leave a comment!! I'd love to hear from you!!