Thursday, January 13, 2011

got my first donation to ACS!

A big thank you to Mr. Nils K. for kick-starting my campaign!

I'm feeling kinda good about things.  I am finally able to do a relatively pain-free plank after doing whatever it was I did to my abdominal muscle.  And I've been running on the treadmill and the knee is feeling pretty good! Have to hang on to those good feelings because tomorrow I go back to kettlebell/TRX circuit class and I know I'm going to get my ass handed to me again.  I'm so excited to be getting my training underway and to actually have a training plan that includes more than just running.  Hope the knee, hell, for that matter, my entire body figures out soon that it just has to suck it up.  The mind has to convince the rest of the gang that training for a marathon is gonna be fun!

On a sadder note, it's time to stop spending so much time with my good friends Oreo Cookie and Don Julio.... I've gained about 10 pounds during my time off from regular exercise, probably directly related to my close personal relationship with the friends mentioned above.  (Note: as an FYI and before you freak out thinking I'm tossing back shots on a regular basis, Don Julio is NOT the kind of tequila with which you do shots - it's meant to be savored!  So jump back.)  And thank heavens I don't have any daughters selling Girl Scout cookies this year.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Thin Mints and have no trouble putting away an entire sleeve in a few short minutes.  I swear, though, there are fewer cookies in those sleeves every year.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy, leave a comment!! I'd love to hear from you!!