Monday, January 31, 2011

a change is gonna come

frightening photo of an ice b-b-b-bath
The husband and I were able to salvage part of the weekend and had a nice overnight getaway.  Ate my weight in really good (sadly, good does not equal healthy) food, had a fairly heated discussion about politics (always interesting!) and laughed together a lot.  It was great!

Got my initial marathon training plan from my trainer this past weekend.  I think she's starting me off pretty easy since I'm still a bit of a delicate flower what with my tired knee and all.... but it looks like it will ramp up pretty quickly.  Yay!  I'm super excited to finally get the serious training underway after all this time talking about it.  She's got all kinds of things on the training plan - stretching, core work, miles - but the thing that scares me the most is the ice baths that she has SCHEDULED.  Makes me want to weep.  I HATE HATE HATE to be cold.  Tell me I'm going to learn to love them.  I need to hear that.

The writing is on the wall in other arenas too.....  I need to lose some weight (about 10 pounds).....  Looks like I'm going cold turkey on the Oreos (thank goodness we don't have any more of those tasty morsels in the house)....and saying goodbye to Donnie J. (also no longer in the house) and his friend Red Wine......and I'm going to keep a food diary so I can come clean about the crap I love to eat.  Again, unlike Jane, not literally - but I do have that soft spot (most likely adipose tissue) for fat, grease and salt.  My motto is usually "everything in moderation" but I think I really do need to make some drastic changes in my diet over the next 5 months.  I can handle it. Right?

TRX/Kettlebell class tonight - swung a 16kg kettlebell - getting stronger!

Three mile run tomorrow.  Since we got about 5 inches of snow today I'm thinking it's a date with the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, don't be shy, leave a comment!! I'd love to hear from you!!